Thursday, October 30, 2003

VACCINE LAW UPDATE

We returned from vacation to find our vaccine exemption affidavits had arrived from the Texas Department of Health (see Sept. 28, 2003 entry). They are sequentially numbered in the 3800s, which leads me to believe at least 760 people have requested forms and possibly as many as 3800 (max. 5 forms per child). They also included a one-page chart of "Benefits and Risks of Vaccination" and my original letter and envelope (remember, they are not supposed to retain this information). The operative part of the affidavit states:

"I have read and I understand the attached, Benefits and Risks of Vaccination information. I understand the risks of not vaccinating my child. I further understand that my child may be excluded from school attendance in times of emergency or epidemic declared by the commissioner of public health."

No comments: