Tuesday, September 16, 2003

MY HERO

The American Film Institute recently rolled out it’s list of the 50 greatest film heroes and 50 greatest film villains. The #1 film hero of all time – according to a panel of jurors – is a lawyer. That’s right, a lawyer – Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. This guy has inspired countless men and women to go to law school; and I've never even seen the movie (or read the book for that matter). When I told my mother this, she lamented "I've failed you as a parent". Oh well.

I was also glad to see quite a few women heroes (heroines?). Erin Brockovich, for one. And who can forget the scene from Norma Rae where Sally Field goes into the factory and holds up the sign and everyone turns off their machines. But I’m not sure how Thelma & Louise made the list.

No comments: